All applicants must submit an application in person at the Embassy.
To accept your Police Certificate application, we must confirm your identity at the reception of the Embassy of Japan.
How to apply:
- Get all necessary items from the Embassy
- Make an appointment over the phone
- Come to apply on the day/time you made your appointment: Bring all necessary items(completed) and self-addressed return envelope
☆In principal, you take your fingerprints at the Embassy. You may also have them taken at your nearest police station and can submit at the reception of the Embassy.
* Residents of Northland, Auckland, Waikato and Bay of Plenty regions should apply to the Consulate-General of Japan in Auckland
* Residents of Canterbury region should apply to the Consular Office of Japan in Christchurch
* Residents of Taranaki, Manawatu-Wanganui, Hawkes Bay, Gisborne, Wellington, Marlborough, Tasman, West Coast, Otago & Southland regions should apply to the Embassy of Japan in Wellington